F5 Network Engineer
Days: FT Monday - Friday
Contract Duration: 6 months contract
A leading IT Managed Services company has a requirement for a Network Engineer / F5 specialist for a customer project based in Milan.
This is a 6 months contract with possible extension.
To be considered we are looking for an experienced Network Engineer proven experience on F5 deployment projects
- An F5 Engineer is required to perform complex installations of F5 solutions, as determined by business projects.
- Installation - Performing complex installations of F5 solutions, as determined by business project. Upgrades, as required - Planning and implementing Software/Firmware and Hardware upgrades Design - provide design services for new implementations. Working closely with key Stakeholders, drive and deliver against the F5 Roadmap.
- Enforce standardisation and drive improvement initiatives in the team.
- Work collaboratively across the wider department to develop, promote and implement process initiatives.
- Ensure processes and procedures are strictly adhered to.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge:
- Five- plus years working in a TCP/IP networking discipline, ideally dealing on CISCO ACE and GSS devices.
- Knowledge of F5 BIG-IP devices is highly desirable, but not essential if experience on the CISCO platforms is present
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to successfully articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience.
- The ability to work well with all levels of stakeholders/customers and management, and to be self-motivated and flexible
- In-depth knowledge of technologies including TCP/IP networking and services such as DNS
- Understanding of server operating environments, including a strong background in UNIX, and experiences with switches, routers and firewalls in intranet/Internet/extranet environments.
- Ability to apply a thorough understanding of IP routing and TCP and UDP service provision in environments that are technically complex and also may be complex from an organizational perspective
- Strong understanding of the OSI networking model as well as protocols such as HTTP, SSL and other server concepts
- The ability to work both with and without direct supervision