Job Title: Software Engineer- Location: Cambridge- Permenant- £30-£45k per annum
Related Skills: Software Engineer, Software Developer, C#, Visual Studio, ReSharper, GitHub, Team City, Ncrunch, Unit Test, Continuous Integration, Java, C++, Ruby, TDD, BDD
Are you an experienced software engineer who want to create great products for Microsoft data professionals?
We’re always keen to speak to developers at the more experienced end of the spectrum. If you can show the right level of aptitude and approach, we’re keen to hear from you.
At our company, you’ll work within a small team of 4-6 software engineers and a Technical Lead, working on a specific project team. You’ll also be supported by User Experience specialists, and coaches to help your team continuously improve their skills.
We believe that the best tools are made by long-lived teams who enjoy working together, who have a clear mission and the freedom to make their own decisions. In return we ask that teams understand their user needs, are open and honest, ship frequently, and drive our products to be ingeniously simple.
How we Develop
Every software engineer gets a desktop PC with multiple monitors, an SSD, plenty of RAM and an MSDN subscription.
The majority of our code is written in C# using Visual Studio and ReSharper. We use GitHub to version our code and have a strong culture of peer code review. Many teams use NCrunch for automatically running unit tests as you type. We use TeamCity for continuous integration and have an automated LED dashboard to provide visual feedback on any failures. We’re relentlessly trying to get faster feedback loops and invest heavily in faster automated tests.
We use open-source heavily and encourage contribution back to the community. We believe in transparency and display product information publicly including build status, test status, performance, sales and customer usage information.
We have a healthy internal culture around learning and development with lightning talks, communities of practice, invited speakers and of course Down Tools Week.
What would make you right for us?
- You have excellent skills in an object oriented language, such as C#, Java, C++ or Ruby
- You have a bias for simplicity and maintainability in the code you write and the products you build
- Quality is important to you: You practice unit testing, perform code reviews and constantly communicate to ensure the best outcome.
- You’re an excellent communicator with good attention to detail, able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing
- You have experience in coaching or mentoring junior developers within your team
- You’re able to thrive in a highly collaborative team of software engineers
- You’re flexible and willing to work on all parts of the product, learning new technologies as necessary
- You have experience in an agile development environment
- You can demonstrate awareness of high-level software architecture & design concepts
- You have experience working on products at all stages of lifecycle
- You’re enthusiastic about engaging with customers as necessary to create a great product
- You’re driven by continuous improvement
- A great benefits package
- You’ll work about 40 hours per week, with flexible work time and the scope for remote once you are established
- Free breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Employee profit sharing scheme
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to personal development, community and innovation
If this role soud like a good fit for you please apply today !