IT Server Engineer
Windows Servers, VMWare, HyperV and Storage (NetApp).
Contract: 1 month rolling contract
Location: On site in Basingstoke
Day rate: £400/day INSIDE IR35
A leading IT managed service provider are currently looking for an IT Server Engineer to join their end client’s busy IT Engineer team on site in Basingstoke.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong experience with Windows Servers, VMWare, HyperV and Storage (NetApp).
- Ensure that virtualisation hypervisors are working correctly, and the faults are resolved within KPIs
- Ensure SAN/NAS system is operating correctly
- Maintain and operate IT backup and recovery systems
- Monitor performance of the server infrastructure systems
- Responsible for the operation of the Windows Servers (2008 – 2019) and various Linux servers
- Add and configure new infrastructure equipment
- Act as 3rd line project engineer
- Assist IT team with 2nd and 3rd line support
- Create software installations either manually or via group policy
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with VMware
- Experience working with MS HyperV
- Proven experience using and configuring SAN\NAS devices
- Experience using, maintaining, fault finding and installing windows servers
Please apply with your CV to be immediately considered for the role.