Key Skills: AWS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Vault, Azure, Git, CI/CD, Continuous Integration, Bamboo, SVN, Octopus, Team City, ECS, Salt
Who we are :
We are a global leader in IT Consultancy, Technology and Outsourcing Services. This role will be working for one or more of our major Public & Private Sector clients in Greater London. Working on site with a client can provide considerable benefits to a project such as faster decision making, reduced misunderstanding and closer collaboration but we understand very well that this has to be balanced with the need for flexible working.
The focus of your role:
We want passionate, energetic Platform Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll bring:
You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
- Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS or Azure in a production system.
- Continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/Concourse/Drone/Bamboo.
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
- Good understanding of the Hashicorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc )
- Experience using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java within an existing, production codebase.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary Agile teams.
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN
- Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
What you'll do
- You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people. We have a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few.
- You'll help us achieve our vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments and will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please do not hesitate to apply as we are recruiting for an immediate start!!!