Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer
FT – Monday – Friday 9am – 17:30pm
£30'000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support Engineer providing 1st and 2nd Line Technical Support services to customers based on client site resolving issues in a competent manner whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service desk, infrastructure and professional services teams.
We are looking for a strong Engineer who has previous experience of working in an IT support role able to demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills, with effective working knowledge of IT infrastructure support.
A DBS certificate application will be needed for this.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd line onsite and remote technical support services to contract customers, in line with personal skill sets.
- Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Professional Services teams
- To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. projects, deployments, installs, moves, adds and changes
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with business and personal needs
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role. Be able to demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure support working across a range of up to date technologies including desktop/laptop/printer hardware, Office 365, Exchange, Windows 10, Active Directory, Apple OSX and iOS, deployment technologies SCCM/WSUS/MDT
- Desirable Experience
- Understanding of Networks, including topography
- An understanding of how to carry out patching in a server room/office
- Essential Education
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
- Desirable Education
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (V3)
- Customer Service Qualification
- Any relevant Microsoft Certifications
Please apply today with CV if interested.