HPC Design Lead (Telephony)
Our client specialises in the effective operation of critical national infrastructure and is at the heart of many of the UK’s and Ireland’s best-known brands. They operate within various industry sectors including Transport, Emergency Services, Network Providers, Higher Education and Public Sector.
Drive a culture based on nuclear safety and quality throughout the project, acting as a role model for the internal team and external interfaces.
Take the lead on and resolve highly complex technical design and service issues across multiple technical disciplines for the specific HPC workstreams.
To work closely with the Design Engineers and the other technical resources to ensure that designs produced meet the requirements of the Client. Provide leadership for root cause analysis and act as a mentor for the team members of the specific workstreams.
- Overseeing the design of the customers telephony systems which must include Cisco Call Manager experience. In addition, awareness of the following would be extremely advantageous:
o IP PBX systems
o Operator consoles
o Directory integrations
o Voicemail platforms
o Call logging systems
o Voice recording
- Ensure that designs meet the customers’ requirements in accordance with appropriate Nuclear regulations.
- Supporting and coaching of assigned design engineers at a technical level and provide professional engineering support to enable the delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Verify Requirements
- Producing the design strategy for the each of the workstreams.
- Ensure that designs are compatible with other designs that are produced by our client and 3rd parties.
- Managing the deliverables on complex customer design and implementation projects.
- Acting as a technical lead to resolves technical problems during the project phase.
- Acting as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources. To train internal staff on workstreams. To devise and deliver training programs and support documentation for Operations.
- Developing High level designs from customer requirements
- Developing Low level designs for the Technical Specialists to implement projects within the workstream’s area of expertise.
- Assisting in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities.
- Attending Client and interface meetings as required
- Create and deliver technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development
- Taking a lead in defining value add projects and to assist in delivering the projects as a Technical leader.
- Seeking continuous improvement for the design elements of the HPC project through the introduction of new and innovative approaches and technologies.
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure consistent design across different technical disciplines.
- Proven design experience
- Experience of subcontract management would be advantageous.
- Degree or HNC/HND in an Engineering related subject or equivalent
- Recognized technical qualification in at least one of the technical disciplines being managed.