Data Centre Design Engineer, Installation, Technical Documentation.
Our client is a leading provider of infrastructure and network services, across both public and private sectors. They work with some of the largest brands in the UK within travel, transport, defence and telecoms.
Their requirement for an experienced Design and Installation Engineer is due to continued growth. The successful candidate will work closely with Technical Design teams, to create installation designs that meet customer health and safety, and quality requirements. We are looking for candidates with strong background within a telecoms environment, and focus around creation and ongoing maintenance of core installation documentation / installation guides.
- Proven background producing detailed Installation Designs documents
- Experienced in the production of complex designs, with particular focus on cabling infrastructures within data centres.
- Broad technical knowledge in telecommunications products and solutions
- Installation planning skills for: terminal devices (Wi-Fi APs for example); routers & switches; cable management/containment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing detailed Installation Guides.
- Working closely with Technical Design Engineers to discuss &/or resolve design details or discrepancies.
- Preparing Installation Guides for complex or original designs with a high degree of precision.
- Developing and maintaining draft standards and procedures.
- Producing Rack Face Layouts
- Producing Cable Run Out Lists (CROLs)
- Creating detailed Site Survey reports
The company offers:
- Excellent career path; they offer development plans and formal training with options to move to new technical areas of interest.
- Benefits package including option to buy/sell holidays, pension and staff reward schemes.
Please apply with CV for further details.