We are currently partnering one of the UK leading technology companies, assisting with their search for a Commissioning Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role will be working with their Rail Project Team predominately working nights shifts on the London Underground to commission various stations communication systems. This may include station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and one-person operation (OPO) CCTV Systems. You will be responsible for physically deploying and implementing the technology at the station premise. This may include complex migration strategies to always maintain the operations of the Underground.
Duties within the role will include:
- Production of daily shift reports
- Completion of inspection and test plans
- Marking up 'As built drawings'
- Completing on-site commissioning
- Provide detailed reports on issues identified
- Supporting the site implementation team
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of configuring, testing and commissioning at least one (preferably more) of the following communications systems: station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and 'one- person operation (OPO) CCTV Systems
- Experience of delivering communications related projects preferably (but not essential) into a Rail or Metro environment
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic experience
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Knowledge of medium sized communications networks
- Keen problem solver
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Preferably a degree in an engineering related discipline
- Valid driving licence (company vehicle will be provided)
- Prepared to work nights in a London Underground safety critical environment
Also included is an excellent benefits package
For further information or to apply for this excellent opportunity please contact Richard New on 02083347562 or respond to this advert with an up-to-date copy of you CV.