Skills: Infrastructure Architect, Architect, Solution Architect, Design, Infrastructure, LAN, WAN, Implementation
Our London based client has an unique opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Architect to join their team on a permenant basis, this is an exiciting chance to join the business at a critical point in their development as you will be responsible for designing the whole setup for a critical project.
The Infrastructure Architect will work as part of a small technical design team, within larger projects, to achieve technical and business change. All work will be carried out in collaboration with service business and technical stakeholders.
The core activities of the role are:
- Lead the design of the network infrastructure for shared forensic services across forces, including mobile access.
- Manage the implementation of secure networking for a hybrid cloud
- Work closely with network engineers and systems architects to understand and overcome their constraints and challenges.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of networking technologies and techniques to ensure best practice / use of proven patterns in the configuration of appliances and virtual networks.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of networking platforms and systems in the public sector / law enforcement.
- Able to deliver transformational change – mobile and cloud enabling enterprises.
- Creates real and measurable business value, as evidenced by operational solutions.
- Depth of experience in configuring secure network technology - routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in the design of LANs, WANs, VPNs, virtual networks, and hybrid clouds.
- Able to design, build, monitor, and load balance highly available secure networks.
- Knowledge of how to setup and monitor gateways, e.g. for remote / device access.
- Understanding of constraints with current networks (PSNP, Airwave).
- Proven delivery of solutions to enable access to mobile / remote / local networks and apps.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technology and container-based deployment.
- Understanding of information security constraints and best practice.
- Able to lead architecture sessions on network design in complex environments.
- At least three years’ experience as an architect / lead designer of major network solutions.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and a wide range of people.
- Demonstrates good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
- Demonstrates good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills.
- Proven capability in the documenting network designs.
Please submit you CV for immediate consideration.