IDPP is representing a leading technology company in the global payments business. They connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide, enabling them to use electronic forms of payment instead of cash and checks. There is a fantastic opportunity for a Full Stack Software Engineer (C#) to join the organization on a 12 month contract basis in Dublin.
About the role:
The role includes responsibilities to carry out development, testing and delivery of all software relating to their transaction engines, reporting tools and internal support systems.
To comply with disciplined QA standards the role also includes responsibilities to produce and review technical documentation such as designs, test plans, and performing peer code reviews.
A Senior Engineer leads projects through their full life-cycle with minimal supervision and also mentors less experienced engineers.
Success will be measured against:
- Quality of software designed, implemented, and tested
- Quality of technical documentation and review
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Develop and maintain new/current software applications, meeting user requirements and complying with technical specifications
- Test to high standards – primarily developing and extending existing automated testing systems
- Assist with mentoring less experienced engineers
- Review requirements documentation
- Maintain and improve technical documentation
- Ensure that assigned tasks are completed within agreed timelines
- Create development test documentation
- Communicate effectively with internal and external project stakeholders
- Assist/manage application deployment
- Throughout development life-cycle adhere to the company’s software application development methodology and PCI DSS
- Ensure application source is secure by utilizing company’s source control management tool
- Take responsibility for leading development projects with minimal supervision
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing C# as a full stack developer.
- Experience with MS SQL Server or equivalent RDBMS.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) and SAFe development.
- Knowledge of GIT - version control system is advantageous
- Ability to automate unit, integration and system tests.
- Commercial experience with languages other than C# an advantage.
- Knowledge of VB 6 & VB.Net would be an advantage.
- Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Knowledgeable about security concerns e.g. PCI/PA DSS.
- Ability to work autonomously within a team environment.
- Knowledge Internet technologies – e.g. Web services, WCF Services, REST Services and HTTP Web Requests, SOAP
- Willingness to expand technical skillset and work on a variety of new and legacy systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Good initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Empowerment and accountability
- Thoughtful risk taking
- Sense of urgency
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
Please get in touch with Vicky on 00442083347505 for more details