HSEQ Fibre Services H&S Specialist – NEBOSH
Field-Based location: London – Inside M25 (Glasgow and Birmingham locations also available)
Daily Rate: £300 - £350 per day
Contract Duration: 12 months
Fibre Networks, NEBOSH, IOSH, Manager, Fibre Engineer,
A new field-based requirement has arisen for a Fibre Networks Manager with NEBOSH certification to carry out the health and safety management for a Fibre Networks project in a choice of 3 locations (London inside M25, Birmingham, or Scotland) overseeing Civils. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the world’s most leading Telecommunication providers.
The purpose of this role is to manage the compliance of on-site works undertaken by Supply Chain partners against the planned solution, and Legislative installation standards whilst ensuring effective competence of Supply Chain Partners undertaking work on the Network.
This fantastic opportunity is also for an expected length of 12 months. This role would suit an individual that possesses strong managerial experience, the appropriate Health and Safety accreditations mentioned, and a background of hands on Fibre Network Engineering within Telecommunications.
As a Fibre Services Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Specialist you will be expected to:
• Undertake audit activities on both in progress works and completed works, checking and reporting on compliance against the agreed scope, specification and HS&E requirements and the competence and qualifications of those undertaking the works.
• Drive best practice and supplier performance both through the ownership and management of rectification of non-compliant works found during audits and the analysis of wider compliance reports to identify shortfalls and improvements required.
• Support project delivery through site attendance and reporting on progress, compliance and competence and drive and confirm subsequent rectification completion.
• Where assigned and competent to do so, you will also undertake specialist direct works on the Fibre Network as required.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• NRSWA accredited to assess on site compliance against chapter 8 of New Roads and Street Works Act
• IOSH, Construction Skills Certification Scheme accreditation or similar
• NEBOSH accredited
• Full UK driving licence.
• PC Literate.
If you are an interested and experienced Fibre Networks Engineer that has NEBOSH, along with strong Managerial experience, please apply today with CV.
A shortlist will be compiled by 12pm Tuesday 8th October 2019.