IDPP Consulting are currently partnering with an NHS Trust based in Essex that are looking for an experienced BI reporting Analyst to join them on an initial 3 Month contract with a strong likelihood of further extensions.
Duties will include:
· Submit activity and waiting list submissions in accordance with local and national guidance and agreed timetables.
· Complete ad hoc requests to agreed timescales and ensure there is effective communication with customers.
· Act as the lead information specialist for a number of different areas taking responsibility for the completion of regular reports and ad hoc requests
· Deal with highly complex information issues and identify and use knowledge of information systems and information flows to resolve areas of dispute.
· Develop and maintain knowledge of the guidance for specific returns and act as the subject matter expert within the Healthcare Analytics department
· Extract data from a variety of source systems using SQL and process and analyse the data to complete ad hoc requests and create regular reports
· Produce detailed analyses and reports as part of scheduled work and in response to ad hoc requests, including under the Freedom of Information Act.
· Present high quality statistical and management information in support of the Group's operation requirements
· Build reports using SSRS and PowerBI
· Ensure validation checks and processes are built into the creation of reports and dashboards
· Use SQL, Excel and a detailed working knowledge of the technical content of source systems to validate data, spot trends or key events and use expertise to judge the potential significance
· Support delivery of robust mechanisms for the validation of operational and performance data, and provide expertise to support implementation of revisions to local and national guidance and other local/national requirements.
· Support the delivery of demand and capacity work through the population and interrogation of different models
· Use knowledge and skills to automate routine processes and work with colleagues within the Healthcare Analytics department to ensure the continual development and redesign of processes to maximise accuracy and efficiency and reduce the requirement for manual processes.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of NHS data flows, datasets, information availability, scope, reliability and data quality issues.
· Represent the department at internal meetings within the Group
· As a subject matter expert, for areas such as cancer waiting times, RTT and urgent care, act as a reference point on information management matters, interpret ambiguous complex data and data definitions and provide technical guidance and advice as required
· Provide advice and guidance on information management, information standards and data quality issues by analysing highly complex problems and providing expert advice
· Make decisions where appropriate to escalate risks and issues that may impact on the Group.
· Ensure all handling of patient related data is in accordance with information governance, Caldicott and data protection policies.
· Ensure all handling of patient related data is in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
· Interpret local and national guidance and develop, produce and recommend changes to policies and procedures as required to ensure compliance
· Continually review systems and implement changes and improvements as dictated by guidance and best practice.
· Prepare and deliver relevant training around commissioning information and the commissioning process colleagues within the Group.
Please note this role will fall inside the scope of IR35.
For further information please contact Richard New on the details below or apply to this advert with a copy of your up-to-date CV.