Back End Engineer
This is a chance to work within a cross-functional team, responsible for the continuous delivery of new features within a complex and innovative retail software product. You’ll have the chance to work closely with other engineers (App, Node, React), QA, designers, data scientists, product managers and retail specialists, on a range of complex problems.
You’ll work on a range of new and existing features and initiatives as part of a collaborative, focused, cross-functional Scrum team, with the ultimate goal of delivering the most value to our users.
● Contribute to discovery workstreams around new feature design and development
● Design and implement platform API’s and services to support React and Mobile Apps
● Get stuck in with the creation and ownership of new Microservices
● Help plan new, and refine existing, systems architecture
● Continually identify and harness new technologies and methodologies as we continue our progress towards best practice development
We’re looking for someone who has experience working in a commercial environment, creating backend services for consumption by multiple apps. Ideally, you’ll have some experience with AWS, ElasticSearch and MongoDB, and have a keen interest in exploring new technologies, methodologies and best practice development. You’ll have an eye for detail, as well as an understanding of the broader impacts of your work across the rest of the engineering team and product as a whole.
Benefits of the role
● A competitive salary
● 25 days annual leave
● Top spec equipment, and all of the software you need
● Generous healthcare plan for you and a cohabiting partner
● Pension plan
● An employee assistance program available 24/7