Skills: 2nd Line Support, Second Line Support, IT Support, IT Technican, ITIL, Service Management, Technical Analyst,
An IT managed service provider requires a 2nd Line Support Engineer for a long term contract to be based out of their Guildford office location.
This role will sit within the Technical Delivery team in an area that supports the day to day operation of the IT Services for the organisation.
2nd Line Support Responsibilities:
- Ensure assigned call requests and incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Problem Determination & Root Cause Analysis; Troubleshooting Integration Errors and Workplace related customer issues
- Accountability for locally held stock of Desktop/Laptop,/Tablet hardware and other peripherals e.g. printer, display screens, docking stations etc. that are used to fulfil requests, ensuring Asset Procurement and Stock Control processes are followed
- Adherence to agreed SLA’s in relation to Production availability and incident Management
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical support environment with a very strong all round technical competence
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Excellent knowledge of: Desktop PC's and operating systems (Windows XP/Windows7/Windows8), networking and firewalls
- Experience with: Anti-virus software management and rollout, backup technology, server installation, terminal server, IT security, data replication technologies
- Experience in server set up, configuration and support - in particular small business server 2003/8 and server 2003/8, Exchange 2003/7/10
- Ideally Microsoft qualified.
Interviews will take place on the 21st and the 22nd of November, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.