IDPP are working with a large private Health Organisation based in Hertfordshire seeking a technical support professional to provide 1st line support for an initial 3 month contract.
The main duties of the role will be to provide 1st line (helpdesk) technical support, assisting with hardware and software problems via phone and
ticketing system. We require proficient and strong minded individuals to work within our expanding team of technology analysts. This is an excellent
opportunity for someone who is experienced in an IT Support/Service Desk environment to provide high quality support in a customer focused role.
The applicant must be able to display an infectious Customer Service attitude, and ideally have a good knowledge of ITIL. Good spoken and written English is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all servicemanagement
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the tickets logging system and maintain full documentation
- Maintain a knowledge base of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of hardware equipment by providing necessary advice
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- To arrange for external 3rd party technical support where problems cannot be resolved
- Relevant 1st Line / Helpdesk Support Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7/10/XP)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Libra & MS Office Suite (2003,2007,2010 &2013)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions,calendar sharing & delegation)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory & Exchange Server
- Basic understanding of Printers Setup & Maintenance
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- Ensures that internal SLA’s and ITIL processes are followed
- IT related degree would be beneficial, but is not essential
Forfurther information please cantact Richard New on 02083347562 or email email@example.com