I am currently partnering with a Private Healthcare Organisation based in Hertfordshire. They are now looking to hire an experienced 1st Line support professional to join their busy team supporting site throughout the UK.
The role will be providing 1st line (Helpdesk) technical support for hardware and software issues via the phone and e-ticketing system. As the successful applicant you will have excellent customer service skills and along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities in the role will include:
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the tickets logging system and maintain full documentation
- Maintain a knowledge base of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of hardware equipment by providing necessary advice
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- To arrange for external 3rd party technical support where problems cannot be resolved
- Relevant 1st Line / Helpdesk Support Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7/10/XP)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Libra & MS Office Suite (2003,2007,2010 &2013)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing & delegation)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory & Exchange Server
- Basic understanding of Printers Setup & Maintenance
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- Ensures that internal SLA’s and ITIL processes are followed
- IT related degree would be beneficial, but is not essential
Please note this role will be subject to compliance checks including a DBS check.