This is a 12 months opportunity to join a Global Financial Technology company in a customer-facing environment, to lead the processing implementation projects of a technical and non-technical nature. Deliver standard implementation activities ensuring quality and reliability of the implementations.
All About You:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Exact Sciences, Business or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global Financial Technology company for an initial 12 months basis to help shape and improve the company's operations environment and to provide expertise and knowledge on projects.
Provide technical support for company’s operations environment with an emphasis on networking technologies. Provide project support and applied engineering techniques to develop and implement new technology initiatives. Analyse trends over time to understand network performance and develop plans for improvement.
- Perform Tier II support functions for the Company's Operations Command Centre (OCC)
- Provide support on major projects and operations - BAU
- Develop documentation to support operations environment
- Plan, coordinate and implement change within the network infrastructure
- Interface on technical matters with Regional Internal Partners and Customers
- Being able to manage escalation and drive it to the end
- Broad knowledge with routing/switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS
- Must have experiences in WIFI Cisco Technology
- Knowledgeable and experience in Operation Support disciplines and principles
- Firewall experience including Checkpoint and CISCO ASA
- Experiences with Palo Alto
- Good experience in Operation Support disciplines and principles.
- Knowledge of payment or banking industry
For this role you will need to be available for on-call work/ rotational.
• As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for building commercial Java-based, distributed, highly available applications, where system performance is critical!
• Do you have retail payments/e-commerce industry experience and looking to try something new?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you mentored professionals of diverse skills and experience?
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Produce innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
• Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
• Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces.
• Commercial experience with languages other than Java, particularly Python, Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, Groovy, C, or Objective-C.
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
• Experience in Agile (Scrum) development.
• Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.
• Ability to automate unit, integration and system tests.
• Knowledgeable about security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS.
• Familiarity with APACS, ISO 8583, EMV or other card payment standards (desirable).
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
Job Description Summary
• Experience with either RedHat Linux or Debian Linux system administration
• Experience using Puppet or similar for configuration management
• Experience in bash, python or perl scripting
• Working knowledge of VMware ESX and MySQL is desirable