A leading provider of Video Conferencing and Audio-Visual business solutions company with over 10 years of experience in delivering end-to-end solutions for well-known global companies is seeking an experienced AV Installation/ Commissioning Engineer to be based in either Cambridge or London office.
You will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of bespoke AV projects across UK and Global customer base, willingness to travel globally is an essential element of this role as well as full clean driving license.
- Rack building/ pre-wire
- Build custom structure, framework and bracketry to hang AV equipment consistent with industry safety standards
- Installation of LED Screens, Video Walls and Flat Panel Displays, Projectors
- Installation of AV control systems
- Installation VC/UC systems into meeting room environments (Zoom, Polycom, Cisco)
- Experience of Bespoke/ Split room installation & commissioning
- Full commissioning of AV systems with AMX/ Crestron/ BiAmp/ Extron technology
- Experience of QA of installs
- Install audio equipment including speakers, amps, mixers, microphones
- Ability to read, understand and follow build plans and schematics
- Conduct strong level of troubleshooting of all AV systems
- Structured cabling including pulling, terminating, soldering and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/ video cables
- Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
- Ability to conduct and adhere to risk assessments and method statements
- Health and Safety Certified (ECS, SSSTS)
- Ability to conduct technical troubleshooting to a high level
The ideal candidate would have experience working on construction sites ideally holding CSCS card and have IPAF and PASMA accreditation.
Accreditation with Vendors (Cisco, AMX, Crestron) would be desirable but not essential.
- Responsible for determining and assessing market/product delivery readiness in conjunction with GP&S
- Responsible for the project management and delivery of new and complex products/ platforms and services
- Partners with the sales teams to ensure clear & required solution definition for the client with a proposed implementation plan.
- Act as the knowledge expert on new and complex products and the most effect means of delivery
- Oversees development of delivery process maps that articulate all assets and functions to be coordinated
- Executes project initiatives and develops quantitative reports
- Responsible for alignment across own project work streams to ensure accurate dependencies are identified and integrated
- Assist in the analysis of market readiness and escalates issues
- Assesses and documents customer needs and impact of implementation on business and technical processes
- Provides input on how to enhance infrastructure and tools to support customer implementation
- Defines and documents standard and non-standard customer implementation processes
- Lead assigned product delivery projects to ensure contractual objectives, delivery on-time and revenue goals are met
- Act as central point of contact for customers and/ or customer representatives
- Ensures resolution of day-to-day technical/ operation issues as related to assigned delivery projects.
One of the UK's leading private provider of mental health services have two opportunities for 1st line helpdesk support at entry graduate and junior helpdesk support level to assist with hardware and software problems via phone and ticketing system.
Entry Graduate Level
Junior 1st Line Helpdesk Support
Please note: All successful applicants will be subjected to a DBS disclosure
One of the UK's leading private provider of mental health services is looking for a 2nd line technician support to assist with hardware and software problems via phone and ticketing system. You will be joining an expanding team of technology analysts.
Please note: all successful applicants will be subjected to a DBS disclosure check.