IMS Technical Lead - Virtualization experience essential
£450 per day
An excellent new position has arisen for an IMS Technical Lead who has strong virtualisation knowledge & experience, to join a dedicated team at an exciting point in a leading telecommunication providers development.
The successful person will have the following experience and skills:
• Extensive Testing life cycle Experience
• Working experience on Agile delivery
• Virtualisation knowledge - VNF, VmWare
• Experience working with Cloud provider/solution (public, private, agile)
• Extensive knowledge of IMS core signalling and service flows
• Working experience on IMS components and elements
• Knowledge on automation/ integration tools like Jenkins, cucumber, and python scripting
• Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS, Azure etc.
• Basic understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
• Knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
If interested, please apply with CV if you meet the above criteria.
Platform Engineer – Windows Server, VMware, Security, Cyber Security
Platform Engineer, Windows Server, VMware, Security, Cyber Security, SCCM, Powershell, PAM, SIEM
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: 300 – 350 per day
A leading IT Managed Services Provider has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Windows/VMware Platform Engineer to support a large Cyber Security project for their end client based in the North West.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing the Windows Server estate, applying hardening policies and group policy changes. The role requires a self-motivated professional who is experienced supporting Cyber Security projects,
To be considered candidates will have:
Please apply with CV for further information on role.
SQL Database Administrator/Developer
Pay: £400 per day
Contract: 3 months
Senior SQL Database Administrator, SQL, SQL Database Administration
A brilliant contract opportunity has arisen to work at a successful company based in Preston. The successful individual will be a hardworking, dynamic, and dedicated Senior SQL Database Administrator with a proven extensive track record of SQL Database administration experience.
Our Client is needing assistance to help with additional capacity within the current DBA function. This will be to undertake general DBA/Developer duties in line with requirements. The successful person will have experience of Oracle and/or DB2.
Successfully considered applicants must demonstrate the following:-
• On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for 5 years.
• Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance
• Using tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues.
• Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
• Troubleshooting hardware issues using standard tools
To be considered for the shortlist for this position, please apply today.
Technical Lead - IMS/RAN Performance
An excellent new position has arisen for a Technical Lead - IMS/RAN (Radio Access Network) Performance to join a dedicated team at an exciting point in a leading telecommunication providers development.
Essentially, we are looking for an experienced IMS/RAN Performance and configuration management, who has delivered VoLTE use cases for network improvement, in order to improve both user and network centric performance.
The successful person will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience with IMS/RAN Performance and Configuration management
• Delivered VoLTE, RAB e2e use cases for network improvement (quality, retainability, accessibility and call setup time)
• Experience in working in project delivery or leading technical role in improving both user and network centric performance
• Experience in either design, test or implementation of improvement on IMS or RAN components for tier I/II telco
• Knowledge of protocols, e2e call flows and network scenarios involving 4G RAN and VoLTE
• Knowledge on operating Performance tools for:
• Trend Analysis
• Performance dashboard
• Massive Data Analysis
• Network Optimization change planning
• Network Configuration change
• Cdata Collection/CDRs
• Deep dive analysis
• Experience working on performance project with tier I/II telco on identifying performance issues, solution for problems with possible quick wins to implement, publish detailed Report (RCA, Valuable Insights, Corrective Actions, Signature mapping ), Use case agreement, developing scope for performance projects around HW SW Config, parameter settings, Node KPIs, Logs, Traces etc.(as per requirements list)
• Worked on Drive test projects on Active Logs and Reports, Integration of Probes and data post processing
• Coordinate between the Drive test teams and the network functions on drive cdr’s and perform cdr analysis (MoS, DCR, CST, Failures) and validate the output to classify the problem domain (RAN, Transport, Voice Core, Packet Core)
If interested, please apply with CV for consideration.
Network Engineer – VMware, Routing, Firewalls, NSX, Cisco Nexus, VRF, Enterprise Networking
Network Engineer, Enterprise Networking, Virtual Routing, Forwarding, VRF, VRF Environment, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, ASA, FirePower, FortiGate, Firewalls, NSX, VMware
Duration: 3 months
We have a requirement for an experienced Network Engineer to work for a large Managed IT Service Provider, based on their end client’s site in Manchester. You will be responsible for planning and implementing routing and firewall changes as well as migrating workloads between VMware farms and across VMware environments.
To be considered you will need to have:
Please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration.
Technical Architect – VMWare, Windows, Active Directory
Technical Architect, Architect, VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, AD
A large Managed IT Services Provider requires an experienced Technical Architect to work on their end clients site based in Manchester on a 3 month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing VMWare solutions as well as updating and migrating VMWare platforms and the wider IT estate.
Skills and experience required:
This role would be a perfect fit for a Technical Architect who enjoys being very hands-on and has a strong background Designing and Implementing projects within VMWare.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please apply with CV for immediate consideration.
SAP Applications & Desktop Support – SAP
Contract duration: 3 months initially
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our Client based in Swindon. We are looking for a new team member to report to the Team Leader providing 1st and 2nd line Application and Desktop support. The successful person will provide excellent customer service skills, with excellent basic troubleshooting SAP experience.
As a primary communication point between the support team, and the development and / or Infrastructure team, the role requires excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills on a 1st & 2nd line basis to interact with both internal users and customers.
This is office based in Swindon during normal business hours, and will also be part of the on-call rota for out of hours support.
Knowledge & Experience:
If interested, please submit your CV for consideration.
Service Desk Support - 1st Line, ITIL
3 months (FT Monday – Friday)
£110 per day
A fantastic new opening has arisen with our client who are keen to hire a 1st Line/Customer Service IT Support. The successful person will provide excellent 1st line support in the form of ticket triage, resolution and handling, for both internal staff and external customers.
The successful person will be an individual who has a desire to provide a high-quality level of Customer Service, along with understanding and experience of 1st Line Level IT Support.
If interested, please apply with your updated CV.
A leading provider of Video Conferencing and Audio-Visual business solutions company with over 10 years of experience in delivering end-to-end solutions for well-known global companies is seeking an experienced AV Installation/ Commissioning Engineer to be based in either Cambridge or London office.
You will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of bespoke AV projects across UK and Global customer base, willingness to travel globally is an essential element of this role as well as full clean driving license.
- Rack building/ pre-wire
- Build custom structure, framework and bracketry to hang AV equipment consistent with industry safety standards
- Installation of LED Screens, Video Walls and Flat Panel Displays, Projectors
- Installation of AV control systems
- Installation VC/UC systems into meeting room environments (Zoom, Polycom, Cisco)
- Experience of Bespoke/ Split room installation & commissioning
- Full commissioning of AV systems with AMX/ Crestron/ BiAmp/ Extron technology
- Experience of QA of installs
- Install audio equipment including speakers, amps, mixers, microphones
- Ability to read, understand and follow build plans and schematics
- Conduct strong level of troubleshooting of all AV systems
- Structured cabling including pulling, terminating, soldering and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/ video cables
- Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
- Ability to conduct and adhere to risk assessments and method statements
- Health and Safety Certified (ECS, SSSTS)
- Ability to conduct technical troubleshooting to a high level
The ideal candidate would have experience working on construction sites ideally holding CSCS card and have IPAF and PASMA accreditation.
Accreditation with Vendors (Cisco, AMX, Crestron) would be desirable but not essential.
ICT DevOps Engineer - SC required
Contract duration: 3-6 months
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen with our well-established client for an ICT DevOps Engineer. Specialising in the effective operation of critical national infrastructure, this role is focused on developing capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks, whilst improving capabilities and service offerings using public cloud platforms.
You will be expected to collaborate within a cross-functional team of Application Developers, Operations Engineers, and Architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
There are many excellent perks with working for this fantastic client, including career development, support, and formal training:
• Compare existing systems to accepted industry standards
• Work with the Dev team to create and deploy resources with Azure Resource Manager templates
• Work with the Dev team to create and deploy native client applications via System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Support Azure implementations, help build and design environments, to include concepts of different environments, security, high availability, encryption, geographic scale and resilience
Health and Monitoring
• Proactively provide third line engineering support to the production infrastructure which supports the production applications
• Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex infrastructure issues in the development, test and production environments
• 3 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
• Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
• Possess an understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
• Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
• PowerShell experience is a must
• Demonstrated Cloud Engineering skills on the Microsoft Azure platform, including Office 365
• Experience with Azure PaaS services, including App Services, Key Vault, Azure Automation, Resource Manager, Storage/Backup, Application Service Environments and creating Azure Resource Manager templates and Azure Automation
• Prior experience using automation tools (ARM, PowerShell DSC)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations
• Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
• Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
• Focus on teamwork to deliver customer value and satisfaction
• Demonstrates tenacity to finish what has been started
• Develops trust with colleagues and customers
• Leads by example
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem- solving skills
If this opportunity interests you and you match the above requirements strongly, then please send through your CV for consideration.
- Responsible for determining and assessing market/product delivery readiness in conjunction with GP&S
- Responsible for the project management and delivery of new and complex products/ platforms and services
- Partners with the sales teams to ensure clear & required solution definition for the client with a proposed implementation plan.
- Act as the knowledge expert on new and complex products and the most effect means of delivery
- Oversees development of delivery process maps that articulate all assets and functions to be coordinated
- Executes project initiatives and develops quantitative reports
- Responsible for alignment across own project work streams to ensure accurate dependencies are identified and integrated
- Assist in the analysis of market readiness and escalates issues
- Assesses and documents customer needs and impact of implementation on business and technical processes
- Provides input on how to enhance infrastructure and tools to support customer implementation
- Defines and documents standard and non-standard customer implementation processes
- Lead assigned product delivery projects to ensure contractual objectives, delivery on-time and revenue goals are met
- Act as central point of contact for customers and/ or customer representatives
- Ensures resolution of day-to-day technical/ operation issues as related to assigned delivery projects.
For great engineers we offer generous rewards and a clear career progression. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team where individual projects are short and varied - production systems are updated on a daily basis. Dedicated operations and support teams allow you to concentrate on getting the job done.
As part of a small scrum agile team you will develop, test and deliver changes to our transaction engines, reporting tools and supporting systems.
You have excellent object-oriented software engineering skills – framework knowledge is great, but strength in the fundamentals is essential.
You work effectively under your own direction for the whole software life-cycle - but you might not get much chance to put your headphones in, since we produce our best working closely with the rest of the team.
What does success look like?
• A five nines platform that handles hundreds of transactions every second of every day
• Extending our system to touch more transactions never takes as long as expected
• The product team can’t stop smiling
• You aren’t here after hours
• Develop and maintain software applications to a high standard
• Comprehensively test software through automated test frameworks
• In the context of our agile methodology, agree and meet delivery commitments
• Must have: Java 8 / Perl / Spring / Mockito / Cucumber
• RESTful web services, JSON / JMX remoting
• Postgres / Elastic
• Configuration management (Puppet) and a Linux OS (RHEL)
• Git, GitLab / GitHub and continuous integration (Jenkins)
All About You
• Proven experience of Java development and testing, ideally in the context of web services
• Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and collective code ownership an advantage
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging an advantage
• You may have a Computer Science or related degree, or be qualified by experience
• Demonstrable commitment to professional development and open to new languages