Platform Engineer – Windows Server, VMware, Security, Cyber Security
Platform Engineer, Windows Server, VMware, Security, Cyber Security, SCCM, Powershell, PAM, SIEM
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: 300 – 350 per day
A leading IT Managed Services Provider has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Windows/VMware Platform Engineer to support a large Cyber Security project for their end client based in the North West.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing the Windows Server estate, applying hardening policies and group policy changes. The role requires a self-motivated professional who is experienced supporting Cyber Security projects,
To be considered candidates will have:
Please apply with CV for further information on role.
SQL Database Administrator/Developer
Pay: £400 per day
Contract: 3 months
Senior SQL Database Administrator, SQL, SQL Database Administration
A brilliant contract opportunity has arisen to work at a successful company based in Preston. The successful individual will be a hardworking, dynamic, and dedicated Senior SQL Database Administrator with a proven extensive track record of SQL Database administration experience.
Our Client is needing assistance to help with additional capacity within the current DBA function. This will be to undertake general DBA/Developer duties in line with requirements. The successful person will have experience of Oracle and/or DB2.
Successfully considered applicants must demonstrate the following:-
• On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for 5 years.
• Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance
• Using tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues.
• Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
• Troubleshooting hardware issues using standard tools
To be considered for the shortlist for this position, please apply today.
Network Engineer – VMware, Routing, Firewalls, NSX, Cisco Nexus, VRF, Enterprise Networking
Network Engineer, Enterprise Networking, Virtual Routing, Forwarding, VRF, VRF Environment, Cisco, Cisco Nexus, ASA, FirePower, FortiGate, Firewalls, NSX, VMware
Duration: 3 months
We have a requirement for an experienced Network Engineer to work for a large Managed IT Service Provider, based on their end client’s site in Manchester. You will be responsible for planning and implementing routing and firewall changes as well as migrating workloads between VMware farms and across VMware environments.
To be considered you will need to have:
Please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration.
Technical Architect – VMWare, Windows, Active Directory
Technical Architect, Architect, VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, AD
A large Managed IT Services Provider requires an experienced Technical Architect to work on their end clients site based in Manchester on a 3 month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing VMWare solutions as well as updating and migrating VMWare platforms and the wider IT estate.
Skills and experience required:
This role would be a perfect fit for a Technical Architect who enjoys being very hands-on and has a strong background Designing and Implementing projects within VMWare.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please apply with CV for immediate consideration.
ICT DevOps Engineer - SC required
Contract duration: 3-6 months
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen with our well-established client for an ICT DevOps Engineer. Specialising in the effective operation of critical national infrastructure, this role is focused on developing capabilities in automating and streamlining IT infrastructure processes and tasks, whilst improving capabilities and service offerings using public cloud platforms.
You will be expected to collaborate within a cross-functional team of Application Developers, Operations Engineers, and Architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
There are many excellent perks with working for this fantastic client, including career development, support, and formal training:
• Compare existing systems to accepted industry standards
• Work with the Dev team to create and deploy resources with Azure Resource Manager templates
• Work with the Dev team to create and deploy native client applications via System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Support Azure implementations, help build and design environments, to include concepts of different environments, security, high availability, encryption, geographic scale and resilience
Health and Monitoring
• Proactively provide third line engineering support to the production infrastructure which supports the production applications
• Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex infrastructure issues in the development, test and production environments
• 3 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
• Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
• Possess an understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
• Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
• PowerShell experience is a must
• Demonstrated Cloud Engineering skills on the Microsoft Azure platform, including Office 365
• Experience with Azure PaaS services, including App Services, Key Vault, Azure Automation, Resource Manager, Storage/Backup, Application Service Environments and creating Azure Resource Manager templates and Azure Automation
• Prior experience using automation tools (ARM, PowerShell DSC)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organisations
• Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
• Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
• Focus on teamwork to deliver customer value and satisfaction
• Demonstrates tenacity to finish what has been started
• Develops trust with colleagues and customers
• Leads by example
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem- solving skills
If this opportunity interests you and you match the above requirements strongly, then please send through your CV for consideration.