The Cloud Integration team is charged with ensuring the successful adoption of CI/CD related services and platforms.
* We provide consulting and guidance to the application support and development teams to speed their adoption of system delivery automation.
* We are subject matter experts who collaborate on selection, governance, and implementation of automation toolsets.
* We are a cross functional team of high performing individuals who are driven to move ourselves, our peers and our company forward.
* We like to have fun while working with a sense of urgency.
* Engage with teams to identify needs and accelerate automation adoption.
* Drive efforts to enable new automation capabilities such as data center fail-overs and full stack configuration management.
* Develop reusable CI/CD pipeline templates, libraries and other components incorporating common patterns across Mastercard.
* Develop applications and services to improve the developer experience.
* Evangelize DevOps best practices by contributing to documentation, developing screen casts and actively participating in discussions on supported communication channels.
* Curate DevOps training opportunities across teams.
All About You
* Exposure to developing RESTFul Web services.
* Familiarity developing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
* Hands on experience using Linux.
* Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
* Intermediate use of distributed version control systems such as Git.
* Self-starter who works with little direction, constantly seeks and advances new ways of doing things, keeps abreast of relevant technologies and trends and maintains positive attitude.
* Strong communication skills €“both verbal and written €“with strong relationship building, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
Job Title: Software Engineer (Java)- Salary 475 Euros- Dublin
Job Description: Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to the clients standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to the clients specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with the clients standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Collaborate with Vendor Resources for Support of Products.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Ensure knowledge transfer of vendor technology to staff. Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with standards.
• Co-ordinate offshore development and manage day to day activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
If this sounds like a good fit please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.
Java Developer- 12 month contract - Up to £500 - Dublin, Leopardstown
Overview of role:
• My client is looking for brilliant, passionate and innovative Java developers to join its innovation center in Dublin, Ireland.
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile group driving hard to create innovative payment solutions before they go to market on a global scale.
• This is an opportunity to become part of a world class engineering team, dynamically solving real world customer problems - delivering transformational product and service solutions – focused on trending topics and issues globally.
• Ensure all projects are completed on time and to world class standards
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and deliver results
• Extensive experience in Agile development with strong Technical Architecture skills
• Strong engineering skills and experience
• Prior experience of both start-up and corporate environments.
- Proficiency with Java (JDK 8 or greater ideally)
- Knowledge of related Java Stack: Spring, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Shell Scripting, JSON, Hibernate.
- Expertise with Web Services and API’s (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with Linux, SQL, Multi-threading.
- Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Git.
- Passionate about Agile software development and experience working with SAFe or SCRUM.
• Are you a rock-star software developer with a passion for technology development and innovation?
• Do you love coding, enjoy fast paced dynamic environments
• Do you have can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
If 'yes' please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.