- Job Type: Contract
- Job Location: Frankfurt
- Consultant: Adam Brinkley
- Office: HQ
- Telephone Number: +4402083347503
Accountant Job Spec – Frankfurt
Contract Length: 12 Months
Rate: Up to 450 EUR p/d
Manages all accounting, including revenue recognition, expense recording, and timely and accurate closes. Ensures the preparation of accurate, reliable, and timely reporting of financial statements and other financial data in accordance with applicable SEC, U.S., GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements. Keeps abreast of changes to accounting requirements to ensure ongoing compliance. Develops and implements company wide accounting policies in conformance with GAAP and current accounting pronouncements. Prepares period-by-period analyses and explains significant account variances. Develops and implements cost-effective controls to promote data integrity and minimize risk. Monitors compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures and with all regulatory requirements
– Closing the books in a timely and accurate manner.
– Reconcile and review various general ledger accounts for discrepancies and unusual fluctuations. Analyze financial results compared to prior periods, forecasts and budgets and prepare explanations for variances.
– Engages in quarterly and year-end audits.
– Identify opportunities to streamline departmental workflow; enhance departmental efficiencies and promote continued quality service.
– Interact with professionals and managers in other departments and follow-up on requests and inquiries.
– Cross-functional project team member
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Knowledge / Experience:
– 1 – 3 years thorough knowledge of general accounting practices usually acquired through work experience. Experience analyzing, interpreting and summarizing financial data.
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Oracle Financials preferred
– Detail oriented; Strong analytical and communication skills
– Reports to the Leader of Accounting.
– Receives guidance on a day-to-day basis.