Network Engineer role:
My client is offering an exciting Network engineer opportunity- immediate start- joining a Platform Engineering group part of the wider 450-people strong Digital Delivery Group. You will be working on exciting UK public sector customer projects which will enable you to learn new skills, exercise existing ones, strengthen new and old skills and gain creditable experience boosting your network engineering portfolio.
You will work closely with project teams on a variety of projects, some of them concurrent, taking a lead role in the network discovery, design and implementation, from receipt of initial customer proposals through to design and conclusion with successful implementation of the agreed network change.
• Solve problems for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams
• Work as a member of a wider team embracing our company values, policies and guidelines
• Provide network integration consultancy to other teams within the company
• Undertake network designs and/or provide network design consultancy
• Validate network project requirements to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Acting as an escalation point for network technical risks and issues
• Deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines
What you’ll bring:
• Good working knowledge of all Cisco hardware; switches, routers and load-balancers, CCNP,CCDP
• Good working knowledge of firewalls, particularly Nokia VSX, Checkpoint, Sidewinder F5 BigIPs
• You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed project work with little day to day detailed direction
• Use of MS Visio for creation of design documents
• Excellent interpersonal and team communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards in client facing environments
• SC clearance or willing to undertake SC clearance
• Keen to stay up to date, learn, expand knowledge into SDN and infrastructure automation activities
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer with this client. And although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, we also recognise individual needs with flexible benefits package offered to you, tailored to your needs.
Why work for us :
My client is known to help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with their clients, they get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
The company positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. They are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. They foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Their comprehensive flexible benefit packages and lifestyle policies enable employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
So If you feel this job sound like the right fit for you, do not hesitate to APPLY.